Reliving the excitement of secrecy in the era of the ‘American Speakeasies’ of the 1920’s and 1930’s – when the prohibition unwittingly brought black and white, male and female together, in defiance against oppressive laws – Molly’s invites you to spend a bit of ‘easy time’ in our century-old ‘home’.
Located conveniently off Henley’s main street (Ewelme Rd), with ample off-street parking, you’ll find a quaint country restaurant, nestled amongst the trees on an acre of historical land.
What to expect at Molly’s?
– A slow, chilled atmosphere
– Seasonal Menu with daily ‘Chef’s Specials’
– “Molly’s Room”, with vintage heater
– “The Enfield Pub”, our cozy pub with Victorian fireplace
– “The Fidler Room”, a private dining room ideal for eight people for family dinners or business meetings
– Alfresco Patio and Garden dining – choose your favorite spot
– Wheelchair friendly
– Wi-Fi (if you really, really need to check your Facebook messages)
– Available for private functions
In keeping the historical integrity of the old house intact, we have lovingly restored the old two-bedroomed house. Expect authentic vintage decor, tea served in proper English china, warm colours, relaxed ambiance and innovative lighting. The traditional Jewel coalfired stove (dating back to the 50’s) retains its place in our modernised kitchen.
At night, the old sandstone diary – built in 1927 – along with its giant, faithful 80-year old Bluegum companion, are proudly lit up for a dramatic backdrop to this historic building.
For the inquisitive ones, ask for the cover to be lifted and stare down into the darkness of the dry well!
Molly’s Speakeasy | Where good things happen. In good time.